Today we are kicking off a new blog series, “Katerra Snapshot,” to share more information about the many products and services we are delivering for our wonderful clients. It has been a busy start to 2020 for the Katerra team. This month we recognized the completion of several building projects and showcased many new products at the International Builders Show.
International Builders’ Show
Organized by the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB), the International Builders’ Show (IBS) convenes more than 60,000 attendees to share in the home building industry’s latest developments and products. This year, we exhibited many Katerra and KOVA-branded products and previewed products under development that will become available later this year:
- Structural Systems: Available for both residential and commercial applications, Katerra’s structural components are precision-designed and prefabricated at our Tracy Factory. We offer light-gauge steel systems and a range of wood components, including roof trusses, wall panels, utility systems, and more.
- Cross-Laminated Timber (CLT): Katerra offers a range of flexible CLT solutions, including end-to-end building solutions, as well as CLT material supply with optional design and installation assistance. Produced in our Spokane Valley factory, which operates one of the largest CLT presses in the world, Katerra offers unmatched production flexibility.
KOVA is Katerra’s materials brand, a curated product line of finishes and fixtures for building and design professionals. KOVA products on display at IBS included our Bath Kit, pocket door locks, intelligent HVAC, finishes and fixtures, and more.
- KOVA Bath Kit: The KOVA Bath Kit is a kitted delivery system that consists of all materials, fixtures, and finishes to complete a bathroom install up to 70 percent faster as compared to a traditional build. Fully assembled at the warehouse level and securely packaged into an innovative cradle delivery system in order of installation, the KOVA Bath Kit radically streamlines the traditional approach to bathroom installation. Check out Houzz’s take on the KOVA Bath Kit here.
- Compact Appliances: Designed for smaller spaces, KOVA’s new line of Compact Appliances includes products such as a 24-inch Wall Oven, 24-inch Ceramic Electric Cooktop, and Integrated Panel-Ready Refrigerator.
- Privacy Pocket Door Lock: This elegant and easy-to-use pocket door solution features concealed screws, minimal seams, and a large handle and edge pull for optimal functionality.
- KOVA Comfort Intelligent HVAC: We were excited by the response to our intelligent HVAC that uses advanced machine learning to create comfortable, efficient living spaces at a substantially lower cost. Designed to fit between wall studs and seamlessly integrate into the architecture, KOVA Comfort’s Intelligent HVAC will be launching later this year.
Read more about the products we showcased at IBS here.
Katerra’s projects are as varied as our service offerings. We realize customers in the building industry have a lot of diverse needs and we want to help with as many of them as we can. So, we act as a full-service partner for developers, architects, general contractors, and sub-contractors, which means our project portfolio ranges widely across different project types, market sectors, building typologies, and geographies. Our projects include turnkey end-to-end new build, construction services, renovations, and material supply.
We ended 2019 with the completion of dozens of projects with even more under construction. Below is a selection of recently completed projects. For more details on Katerra’s project portfolio, visit Katerra’s project portfolio.
Aster Malabar Institute of Medical Science (MIMS) Hospital
This 300-bed, multi-specialty hospital is the first of its kind in Kannur, a coastal city in the state of Kerala, India. Aster MIMS covers 250,000 square feet across six miles and consists of nine stories. It includes seven operation theaters, 121 single rooms, seven suite rooms, and 88 ICU beds.
Cambria Hotel Downtown Phoenix Convention Center
Opened last fall, the new Cambria Hotel Downtown Phoenix Convention Center combines upscale amenities with sleek, downtown décor for a locally inspired hotel experience. Situated in the Roosevelt Row Arts District, the modern hotel is within walking distance of the convention center, art galleries, shops, and restaurants.
MGM Hospital (Chennai, India)
Located in India’s growing metropolis Chennai, this multi-specialty was completed in 18 months. MGM aims to provide premium tertiary healthcare services in India. It is the country’s first USGBC LEED Platinum certified green hospital. The 12-story structure consists of 3,40,535 square feet, 500 patient beds, 50 consultation rooms, and 10 operation theaters with over 100 critical care beds.
Featuring luxurious studio to two-bedroom rentals, The Mint offers a fantastic location in the heart of a thriving community near premier shopping and dining, easy NYC access, and a community rich in amenities. Recently opened, this 116-unit building features a combination of studio, one- and two-bedroom units.
Odessa Marriott Hotel and Convention Center
The brand-new Odessa Marriott Hotel & Conference Center is poised to become the new focal point of Downtown Odessa. Inspired by the rich oil and mineral history and taking a cue from the Odessan landscape, the interior design combines natural woods with elegant stone elements creating a dramatic and sophisticated look. This ruggedly refined Hotel is a stylish modern Western dreamscape offering world-class accommodations and an expansive conference center.
The Revel Rancharrah senior living community is situated in a bustling area of Reno, Nevada. This 146-unit development features a mix of studio, one- and two-bedroom floor plans, and is located next to a beautiful park and a short distance from museums, golf courses.
Sakra Premium Clinic
Part of the leading Sakra World Hospitals, the Sakra Premium Clinic is a compact 6,000 sq. ft. The space was designed to be duly sensitive to the needs of patients and caregivers with a soft natural color palette to provide a welcoming and calm atmosphere.
With more than 300 projects in our pipeline, we have a number of buildings slated to complete construction this year, such as The M in Seattle, WA and the Catalyst in Spokane, WA. We look forward to continuing to share more exciting progress across Katerra in the year ahead.Back